AI-Powered Language is Fueling Customer Engagement According to Survey from Persado and Coresight Research
New data shows that AI is driving the next marketing revolution by activating first-party data and delivering the true personalization at scale to drive business growth
Persado, the AI content generation and decisioning platform that delivers outsized value at scale to Fortune 500 companies, and Coresight Research announced the results of their survey: AI-Powered Language: A New Era of Enhanced Customer Engagement.
“Brands now have the ability to understand and predict their customers’ language preferences real-time, and then deliver AI-generated messages that are more authentic and engaging. Communications and content as we know it are about to change forever, with language personalization at scale becoming the new normal for marketers.”
The survey underscores the growing importance that senior-level executives are placing on AI-enabled marketing technologies to generate engaging creative content, personalize customer experiences, and improve the ways businesses leverage first-party data to gain meaningful insights without sacrificing customer privacy. Key findings from the survey include:
- Natural Language Generation (NLG) will continue to grow in prominence for marketers. NLG is a key AI-driven technology in creative content generation and was cited by survey respondents as one of the top five most significant ways to leverage AI in digital marketing. Additionally, 78.3% of respondents hold AI accountable for creative development and execution—meaning that marketers can finally track the impact of words and phrases when using AI generated content.
- Personalized content remains critical for customer engagement, with more marketers relying on AI to create their offerings. Organizations across multiple industries are experimenting with a combination of AI-driven technologies to generate personalized content for customers. The survey found that 74.5% of respondents agree or strongly agree that using AI helps organizations manage challenges related to offering personalized customer experiences, with more than half of all respondents (53.9%) currently using AI or ML to offer a personalized experience to customers. Only 6.7% do not leverage or plan to leverage these advanced technologies.
- A shifting customer privacy landscape necessitates a renewed focus on first-party data. Marketers typically have a high reliance on third-party data, but changes to privacy laws in the United States and the European Union are and will continue to fundamentally change how organizations are able to interact with their customers. The survey found that 78.2% of respondents cited the efficient use of first-party data as very or extremely important for AI in digital marketing, and 86.1% of respondents are already using first-party data for marketing purposes.
- Advanced digital technologies will play an increasing role in driving revenue. Organizations are realizing the benefits of using AI to generate creative content and deliver personalization at scale, with 78.2% of respondents citing that advanced technologies in digital marketing are very or extremely important for improving the customer experience.
Also Read: Qualtrics Appoints Two New Board Members
“The survey results clearly point to the coming renaissance for the Marketing community, with AI as the catalyst,” said Amy Heidersbach, Chief Marketing Officer at Persado. “Brands now have the ability to understand and predict their customers’ language preferences real-time, and then deliver AI-generated messages that are more authentic and engaging. Communications and content as we know it are about to change forever, with language personalization at scale becoming the new normal for marketers.”
“As retailers and brands move away from the use of third-party cookies, AI-powered language will play a critical role across digital marketing activities over the coming years,” says Deborah Weinswig, CEO at Coresight Research. “ Our report highlights how using first-party data to drive personalized language and content will be essential for marketers’ future success.”
The study is based on the analysis of data from an online survey of 165 executives conducted by Coresight Research in November 2021. We selected respondents based on the following criteria:
- Based in the US.
- Holding senior positions (C-suite, presidents, directors, department heads).
- Company operates across multiple industries (CPG, retail, manufacturing, professional services, wholesale and other industries).
- Company currently invests in digital marketing or plans to invest in the next three years.
- Company currently uses advanced technologies such as AI, ML or deep learning in digital marketing, or plans to do so in the next three years.