Anyword, the data-driven artificial intelligence (AI) copywriting platform, recommends a slate of best practices for marketers as the busiest shopping time of the year approaches – Black Friday, the kickoff to a projected $1.45 trillion in holiday season consumer spending.
Some 88 million online shoppers spent $8.9 billion on Black Friday 2021, making it a critical time for marketers to attract potential buyers. Anyword’s powerful predictive analytics helps generate high-performing marketing copy for every channel and every format.
“Marketers will spend billions on paid ads as well as organic strategies,” said Eli Bar-Lev, chief marketing officer at Anyword. “Creative is king, and Anyword works with hundreds of thousands of ads across industries. Our expert team put together best practices for building high-performing imagery and copy.”
For building a Black Friday campaign strategy, Anyword provides both big-picture strategies and specific ground-level message guidance. Strategies include:
- Strong social media build-up primes the audience for upcoming sales, generating excitement and buzz.
- A cross-channel promotional strategy is important as consumers bounce between social, email, websites, in-store, apps, and more. Consider offering channel-specific deals.
- Conduct sales before, during, and after Black Friday. Consumers might not pick one specific day to shop.
- Extend sales past Cyber Monday as 40% of shoppers continue purchasing into December.
Specific messaging recommendations include:
- Develop the Perfect Headline – 80% of consumers only read headlines, so make sure to include all the necessary sale information.
- Problem + Solution – Make consumers’ shopping easier by showing them how the product solves their problem.
- Editor Picks / Roundups- Consumers want to buy the best, top-rated products from an authority figure or expert voice.
- Tips on How to Navigate Holiday Shopping – Be the go-to voice on holiday shopping by helping shoppers with their entire list, not just your products.
- Be Retailer-Specific – Research shows that dropping the online retailer’s name can boost CTR and lower CPC. Try including “Amazon.”
- Go Under Budget- Create budget-specific gift guides under a certain amount like $25 or $50.
- Focus on a Single Product That’s Audience-Specific- Be hyper-targeted to generate higher conversion rates.
- Always Have a Strong, Clear CTA- An absolute must-have, a clear call-to-action encourages people to convert. Use a button or include in the copy.
- Create a Unique Hashtag – Create a strong brand narrative and build familiarity with the products.
Start preparing early for a busy Black Friday and holiday season with Anyword. Take advantage of Anyword’s own Black Friday sale with 30% off and 20,000 bonus word credits with code “BLACKFRIDAY30.”