Alibaba.com Launches Suite of Next-Gen B2B Sourcing Tools at Co-Create Conference to Boost Procurement Efficiency and Transform the Sourcing Experience
Alibaba.com, a leading platform for global business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce and part of Alibaba International Digital Commerce Group, unveiled a suite of new products and enhancements to existing sourcing tools during its first Co-Create conference. The event, occurring September 7-8, 2023 in Las Vegas, NV, includes demonstrations of new innovative products, interactive learning opportunities for entrepreneurs and over 50 sessions featuring leading industry experts.
As a one-stop platform for B2B sourcing, Alibaba.com is committed to streamlining the buying process for entrepreneurs to create their dream businesses as efficiently as possible. All new products launched during the Co-Create event are intended to help entrepreneurs level up their sourcing and supply chain operations in the increasingly competitive small-business arena.
“We have entered a transformative era of B2B sourcing and business innovation, and two keywords we use to define the new generation of B2B sourcing are efficient and inspirational,” said Stephen Kuo, President of Alibaba.com North America. “We are making the sourcing journey more intuitive and visualizable by helping enterprises of all sizes better utilize today’s leading e-commerce technologies.”
Product Launches and Platform Enhancements
The new features, products and upgrades to existing Alibaba.com services launching during Co-Create support small-business owners to more freely find inspiration and create new products to enhance and grow their enterprises. They are designed to make the product creation process efficient, fast and barrier-free. New features and upgrades include:
- Smart Assistant tool, which acts as an intuitive personal guide to sourcing that helps small-business owners discover new opportunities, stay up-to-date on trends, seamlessly track orders and more in a single, efficient touchpoint
- Upgraded Image Search to allow buyers to search for products by image and text simultaneously, with additional image generation capabilities helping to streamline complex sourcing requirements
- Smart enhancements to Request for Quotation (RFQ), which power predictive sentence completion and image generation that help small-business owners connect quickly and efficiently with qualified suppliers, allowing them to find the right partners to keep their product competitive
- Real-time translation in 17 languages for live video chats with suppliers, designed to enhance and streamline the process of visually verifying potential partners’ capabilities and facilities
- Alibaba.com Logistics Marketplace, which offers 24/7 live customer service and enables tracking of B2B shipments, allowing for better supply chain management and timelier product delivery